Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What I'm Reading Now

In an effort to increase the amount I read (and the trips to my current favorite bookstore/gallery/weird gift shop, La Luz de Jesus in Los Feliz), I thought I'd give a small update on the book that I'm currently getting into. This time, it's Hot Water Music by Charles Bukowski.


It's more a collection of several short stories than a traditional book, but it is damn.entertaining all the same. Interesting and extreme characters coupled with obscene language and circumstances are making this one a very fun one for me.


In an unrelated incident, it's raining like crazy in L.A. right now and my trusty, no power steering having car with over 176K miles on it decides to get a flat tire. Lovely. Sometimes I don't know if I should just cut my losses and get another one. The "buy-itis" (coined by my daddy - LOL) I am afflicted with wants a shiny new thing, but I've been so used to not having a car payment...decisions, decisions.

It seems that whenever I'm set to go one direction, something manages to find itself in my pathway, and screws up my plans. Story of my life...

No comments: